Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day 265-268

S.N.A.F.U. (Situation Normal, All Fowled Up)....

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. While I would like to say it is because I was busy proofing (which I should have been), I was bogged down with my computer disaster. That is the story of the week, folks. I bought a new external hard drive last week because I was filling up space faster than I could back up and was moving some older sessions to it when we had a power blip. No problem, I have a battery back-up, right? Wrong. I found out the hard way that it was defunct. Great. I lost some files in the blip so I bought a file recovery program and it brought everything back good as new and saved it to the new drive. All systems go, right? WRONG! The new drive went bad on me...OMG. So I run the recovery software again hoping for a miracle, but I had used up all my luck. Some of the files had been written over in the 36 hours of ignorant bliss I was enjoying. Nothing vital was lost, but still...ARGGGH. Tuesday we went out and bought a new battery back-up, new external hard drive and a spool of 100 dvds so I can back up. As if that wasn't bad enough, I try to check a couple things on my website and realize that a ton of stuff is missing. THIS IS IT, I say, I QUIT! In the middle of typing an e-mail to the website host, all the info is restored. I guess it just so happens they were doing an update at the EXACT moment I was logged on, what are the chances? The rest of the week I have been going through all the recovered files and re-organizing them since they are recovered in no particular order. Hopefully now I am ready to get back to work!

The culprit drive...
The solutions...*fingers crossed.*

No comments: