Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 288

Lunch sack...
I promise he isn't an only child! I just spend so much more time with him because he is home so much more often than the girls are. Even when the girls are here, there's homework to be done, showers, phone calls and girl stuff. Moving on...
I bought C a lunch kit from Gymboree to match his backpack and wouldn't you know it, the first week of school one of the teeth on the zipper breaks off. T was able to fix it, but everyday it was a struggle to get the thing zipped. Well, while T was gone it broke again and I was not about to mess with it so we got some simple white lunch sacks and everyday C writes his name on it for practice. In less than a week of doing this, he can write his last name on his own too.
He even says, "Mommy, it's time for me to write my name on my lunch." He's growing up so fast and learning new things everyday. While I am so proud of him, it hurts too. He is my baby, my little man, and it kills me to know that next year he will be in "real school" and gone all day.

He was desperate to wear this white long-sleeved button-up shirt yesterday but with temperatures in the mid to upper eighties, I thought it not a great idea. The temperatures dropped overnight and he was able to wear it today instead. That face, it melts my heart.

No comments: