Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 290

Here's to you, Nana...

Saturday night several of us went out to dinner to hear our cousin/niece/sister sing. We felt it fitting since most of us opted not to go to the luncheon arranged for after the burial, each for our own reasons, to have dinner together at the Kowloon. It's been a long time since I have seen a real smile from Steve. I know Nana, from where ever she is, enjoyed seeing it too. And Max, the new kid, the in-law. Poor fella!
Kit. This has devastated her. Some of us were close to Nana and others (though not at this table) pretended to be, but there was no denying Kit's relationship with her. And Alysha never got the chance to know her like we did. I am so glad that she was here tonight. The missing member of out little group growing up and I am glad she isn't missing any more.
Ahhh, Uncle Al, or "Ow" as M used to call him. It had been 30 years since he had been to this restaurant and as arguably one of Nana's favorite in-laws, I am glad we convinced him to come tonight.
Me and Colleen. The whackjobs. How I miss her now that we are too old to spend summers "modelling" or arguing or swimming in the lake. The cabin has been sold and we are both parents now. Peeking over my shoulder is Auntie Chris. We stayed with she and Uncle Ow. I don't know when we will get the chance to be together like this again, but for Nana, it was a must to do it one more time for her. Here's to you, Nana. We all loved you and are finding it hard to believe you are really gone. Miss you.

No comments: