Monday, January 12, 2009

Burnin Down the House...

or at least you'd think that's what we were doing! This past Saturday was T's bday and after spending most of it at M's volleyball tournie, I had hoped he would come home to a clean house...nope, not even to a cake. In fairness to me about the cake, M had a very bad day and I thought it best to wait for her to bake it not to mention that the frosting she swore was in the pantry, was not and dad had to stop at the store to buy his own frosting. I had asked him a couple of days ago if there was anything special he wanted for dinner and since I still hadn't gotten a definitive answer, we waited until nearly 6:30 before he finally decided on what we would have which thankfully only required a phone call. After dinner and counting out blankety-blank candles and lighting those *many* candles, we sang a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" and in one impressive breath, the candles were extinguished.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Evans :)

1 comment: