Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The last hurrah

Yesterday was the last day of winter break and we had discussed a possible trip to the movies the night before but once the girls got up, we discovered that they had been planning and scheming into the night to come up with a new plan. The decided that since almost every other school district was back in school, today would be a great day to go hang out at Main Event. The only problem being that M had a book to finish by today that she had been putting off for her entire break. After bargaining and promising to read the whole way there and back, I relented and took them for a quick outing.
Brrrr...it was very cold and wet outside!
We grabbed some lunch first to be sure we had our strength for play time...
What trip is complete without stopping in the picture booth?
Unfortunately, this one wasn't working and the girls never got their pic. :-(
One of Main Event's many activities, Lasertag. I sat the first round out.
They road the virtual roller coaster three times and twice designed their own rides with lots of twists and flips. It was hilarious to stand outside and listen to them scream!
A quick round of trivia in which I was the victor...go me!
Then on to bowling...
Where B showed us who was boss!

Lastly, another trip through the laser tag arena and this time I joined in to though I didn't fare well as my gun wasn't firing for the first half of the game. No matter, we all had a blast and I am glad the girls talked me into it.

On a side note, M finished her book and passed her test this morning with flying colors...it's all about motivation!

No comments: