Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day :)

Today is Earth Day and I am all in favor of people being aware of the mark we leave on this planet. I can't say that we are as green a family as we could be but we do take some steps that everyone should take to cut back on everyday waste.
First, I LOVE these grocery bags! If you have ever seen the sheer volume of plastic bags in our landfills, it would make you queasy. Secondly, they are sooo much easier to manage, hold more and don't rip and tear when you pick them up. For a buck a piece, they're a no brainer.
Recycle!!! It's easy and for most in this area, it is included with your regular trash pick up.
Now I know that in the summer heat, this one gets tricky but while the temps are mild and the days are clear, use the energy God provides for free to light your home. I can say that during the day, a light bulb is almost never turned on in this house until the kids get home.
Why should we concern ourselves with waste and pollutants? This little family would greatly appreciate it I'm sure...
And what would a post be this week without some shots of M? I mean, c'mon she's wearing green, I had no choice!

No comments: