Friday, April 17, 2009

More M

You know, I would be in SO much trouble if this kid had any clue how pretty she is. On the one hand, I want her to be confident in all the areas in her life and far too often too high a priority is placed on appearance especially with girls. On the other, why shouldn't be able to have the same confidence in the knowledge that she is just as attractive as some of the other girls (ladies, you remember school, you know the ones) that walk around like peacocks, better than the others simply because some prepubescent boys have labeled her "hot" and they have more ex-boyfriends then they do iTunes? If they only knew what they were trading for that stack of exes and not to mention that the prettiest peacocks are the males and the females are actually very plain. M is a classic beauty (in my eyes anyway) and classic beauty lasts a lifetime whereas "hot" fizzles and means very little. I have tried to tell her so many times that in the Lord's eyes, she is the most beautiful of His creations and this is not determined by her reflection in the mirror, but the reflection of her heart onto others and in her relationship with Him. I guess that's kinda like telling your girlfriend that the great guy you set her up with is "really funny" or the always popular, "has a great personality." Why should these statements be synonymous with unattractive? I digress. With a mixture of her schedule, my schedule and typical Houston weather, I haven't been able to get outside to get some more relaxed pics of her so I played for a few minutes in the stu...

1 comment:

Nicci said...

lock her up, lock her up NOW! the bw is my fav, but all are just gorgeous!