Monday, June 22, 2009

pneumonia.

It started with a hacking cough that just wouldn't be quieted. Then we had the spraying bloody nose so bad that we didn't want him any where near his Sunday school class. Next came the 103 fever and I knew something was up so I immediately made an appointment for him to see his pediatrician. Dr. Rose (we love him) didn't even have to enter the exam room to diagnose him (he did of course, but it was more a formality), he said he could hear him up the corridor and already had the order for the x-rays sent as he had little doubt that we were dealing with pneumonia. I thought for sure it was just a mild case, I mean he seemed perfectly fine once the Motrin hit his system. Nope. Right middle lobe and if it got any worse, he would need to be hospitalized. The only good news was that it was bacterial pneumonia probably not contagious. The poor little man had taken a turn for the worse into the evening and for the next several days, it was a struggle to get my son that eats me out of house and home most days to finish two meals. We did our best to keep him hydrated and rested but the weight loss has been noticeable. He is finally now back to his normal self, but seeing him like this just broke my heart.

1 comment:

Nicci said...

H NO! That is horrible! Hugs to YOUR little C man :)

Hope today finds him feeling a little better.