Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Field day...Oh The Places You Will Go.

A little late on these, but hey, with all the swim team craziness, who has the time to blog?

The theme for field day this year was Dr. Seuss's book, "Oh The Places You Will Go" and while everything was super cute and the kids had a great time, I was slightly bothered by the metamorphosis of today's "field day" from the field days of my childhood. When we were kids (and I am not that old folks), field day was about competition and sportsmanship with everyone receiving a participation ribbon if they in fact participated the entire day and each event had winners who were awarded place ribbons for their athleticism. What happened to those days? Maybe I am in the minority when I say that a healthy sense of competition is good for kids. Life is full of competitiveness whether we like it or not and kids have got to be prepared for it. Anywho, as I said, all was awfully cute and the day though hot was a success in the eyes of all the students. The cool thing is that I really didn't feel like taking pictures and daddy took the day off to be at both the little one's field days and have lunch with M in the middle so he was fine with being the documentarian (yep it is a real word) for the day!
L's grade was first up in the morning...
I took these next few while Dad was over at M's school...
No cropping have been done to the next three, they are exactly as they were taken and I already have big plans for them to hang in the game room. ;-)
Daddy was back pushing the shutter for the rest and I must say, he did a terrific job!

No comments: