Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 350

I posted a while back about the dangers of fireworks and that there had been a house fire in our neighborhood caused by some. In this case, the family had swept up all of the debris and because it was windy, put the trash in the can in the garage where it smoldered for about two hours before igniting the garage and spreading to the gameroom. The fire burned so hot that the rest of the house sustained major heat damage and will have to be gutted and essentially rebuilt. One of their neighbors wanted to put a scrapbook together of the damage and renovations as a healing tool and asked for my help. Here are some of the shots I took today.
N is for Neighbor in Need...





3 comments:

Heather said...

How so very sad. These are beautiful photos.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, thats so cool to help like that...how awful that that happened:(

Anonymous said...

these really speak to me.
we all have neighbors in need in one form or the other, don't we? I truly believe that we all have needs - just have to reach out to those around you! my neighbor just took her life 3 weeks ago and it made me really reflect on our brief interactions :(