Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 363

While yesterday's session was such a treat, this morning's was bittersweet and heartbreaking. I posted about it on my business blog as well, but since after taking these, it was hard to pick up my camera again today, I thought I would post them here too. This is Ella Faith and she passed away before being born at 18 weeks. She was diagnosed with Turner's at 12 weeks and while her doctor said that most mother's opt to terminate, Ella's mother could not end the life of her child and chose to put her faith in God instead. An incredibly brave mother and I am touched to have been there for here whhile she said goodbye to her daughter.
U is for Unbearable...


4 comments:

Shellie said...

You are a strong woman yourself...as a photographer myself I couldn't do that for a mommy because I would be far to emotional (yep I'm weak!). I think it's wonderful you CAN do it. Wonderful shots for a important time. I'm sure the mommy will cherish them forever.

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of meeting you at the hospital when these photos were taken. Thank you for giving the closure to my dear sweet friend. They are very thankful.

Anonymous said...

How incredibly sad, yet beautiful and touching.

Heather said...

wow these are beautiful and so very emotional and touching. What an amazing thing you have done for her. Thank you for sharing.