Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 525

Kids are expensive...
Oh boy. M decided that for 6th grade she was going to give up choir and play the flute in the school orchestra. No problem, being as T is a musician he was all for it. It just so happens one day leaving McDonald's that I see a little music studio that teaches flute lessons so I stop and get her all signed up even though she doesn't actually have one yet. I get home and get out the paperwork from the school detailing what brand/model flute they would like her to have and get on-line to order one up. HOLY COW. The flute was $977. Why couldn't she play the guitar or piano? After a failed attempt to get a used one and one class under her belt without one, I bit the bullet and coughed up the money for the new one with next day shipping no less. She swears she is going to play it all through junior high and high school and I said, "that's right sister." It arrived today...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! oh man! I love your candor :)
Good luck getting through those first lessons....I played the clarinet. My parents' ears were never the same!

Shellie said...

hahaha!! ...you should convince her to be a photographer instead -then at least when she asks for 8k a Mark III ds you can borrow it!!! bwhahahaha!!!