Friday, August 7, 2009

yup, seven.

Oh my goodness, my little bitty boy isn't so little bitty anymore. I can hardly believe it has been more than seven years ago that everything I knew about parenting went out the window. Bringing home a little one swaddled in blue was the beginning of a brand new chapter like nothing I have ever experienced before. He is sweet and wonderful and inquisitive with a terrific sense of humor, but make no mistake, he is 110% boy. The minute he could speak, all the time and energy that had gone into decorating his room with sailboats and light houses proved a waste of time. All he cared about were cars, quite often falling asleep with a hot wheels in each hand. Today we took some quick shots of him in studio since I can't even think about going outside to shoot in this heat...yuck! Even this experience taught me a few things. First, I cannot do his hair like daddy can. Second, that he is a total ham in front of the camera with many of these poses being of his own design. And lastly, that he can still melt me with those gorgeous eyes, long lashes and huge dimples. He'll always be my baby whether he be seven or forty-seven.

No comments: