Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 377

A little of this and a little of that...
I had waited long enough to do the valentine cupcakes and cookies and seeing as how Valentine's day is tomorrow, I thought I had better get on it! I waited until L got home and she made the cupcakes with me in her fancy schmancy apron and chef's hat from Target of all places. We got the really cool heart shaped free-standing cupcake cups too. Daddy is much better at rolling out cookie dough than I am so we waited until he got home for those. Unfortunately, there was so much on both of our plates that we didn't get to them this evening.
The best part of baking, licking the beaters!!

Since testing positive for Scotopic sensitivity (also known as Irlen's), the school gave M some rose-colored overlays to help with her reading and today it totally paid off! More than half of the papers in her Wed. folder had grades of 100 OR MORE! Not only that, several of the high grades were in Social Studies (her least-favorite subject)! WAY TO GO, M!!! We knew you could do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome about M. So glad you were able to find something to help her. Give her a squeeze for me!

Roger Wheaton said...

I love your communication in reverse print which for me as an Irlen client is very preferable. I hope you will check out my Irlen blog at www.rogerwheaton.com. I found out, as a pharmacist, at age 56, that I have Irlen Syndrome. I think it will be well worth your time!
Sincerely, Roger