Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 390

A Humdinger...
After being sick since Valentine's day, I was feeling much better this afternoon and was getting myself and C into the car to stop at Target before heading off to a birthday party. As it happens, the rain was starting to come down a bit stronger than a drizzle so I "suggested" we hurry up and get in the car. I was so concerned with not getting a few drops on me that I misjudged the door in relation to my head, yes, my head and ended up smacking the corner of the car right into it. So after stumbling back to the front door and dropping to my knees for a few minutes, I went to the powder room to survey the damage. Wowzers. I was expecting a little bump and maybe a scratch to account for the blood on my hands and the tile, not this big ugly knot complete with fault line running through it. I cleaned myself up and stuck a Barbie bandaid across it to stop the bleeding, intent on getting to Target and this birthday party. We made it through Target although none of the slack-jawed gawkers dared to actually ask me what happened, just did double-takes and went about their shopping. Good thing I have a fairly thick skin. Once at the party, two of the moms also happened to be nurses...go figure. Both women were surprised I didn't go to the emergency room and suggested either surgical glue or butterfly bandages to pinch it back together for minimal scarring. My oh-so-sensitive husband said it was a shame the gash didn't go straighter so the scar could blend in with "the rest of the wrinkles on my forehead." Lovely. Anywho, here is my pic the day. Enjoy the photographic proof of my stupidity. I know it's hard to tell since Dr. Evans did such a bang-up job of getting the skin back together, but you can see why I won't be making any public appearances in the immediate future!

1 comment:

sherri said...

OUCH!!! I'm so sorry! :( I just now read this. hugs for your boo boo. :)