Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 579

New...
To me anyway! The diamonds are the ones I was married with, but the setting and outer bands are totally new. Don't worry, I had a really good reason for "needing" to do this. You see, with all the shooting I have been doing, my original three-stone setting was getting crushed and the outer diamonds were getting dangerously loose, one of them was even spinning in it's setting...yikes! At first we thought we would just get the prongs fixed or replaced, but then I decided that I almost never ever wear yellow gold anymore and I would prefer to have the whole setting redone if we could. Have I mentioned how totally and completely spoiled I am by my hubby? He never batted an eyelash and the price tag and even said it was below what he had in his mind as the limit. It finally came in this week after the setting I had chosen was back-ordered but I was feeling so miserable that I couldn't bring myself to go and pick it up. Great guy that he is, he knew that it would be the perfect pick-me-up and went by the jewelers after his meeting this afternoon!

This was snapped by M and it was perfectly sharp even with the focus point moved over to left. Makes this mom's heart so proud!
Walking back home after spending some time at the neighbor's house. I only had the macro on, but I loved the clouds and get tired of the close-up shots of the moon sometimes. I like the tiny little spec in the far right corner which was a bright star. Then it started to sprinkle.

No comments: