Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 591

First day...
L & C have been totally stoked about the first day of school, theirs is brand spankin new (in fact, so new, it's not quite finished) and for C, his time to ride the bus has finally come. On the other side of the spectrum, M was not nearly as thrilled. She didn't get the teacher she was hoping for and at last check, none of her friends would be in the same class. Bummer. We keep trying to help her see this as an opportunity to make new friends to add to her posse, but as of this morning, she hadn't quite come around to that viewpoint yet. After a quick swipe with her new Chi turbo flat iron, she was ready to roll. After about 15 minutes, I thought it a little strange that daddy was back in the front door and then he told me...she no longer wanted him to walk her to class, something he has been doing since her first day of Kindergarten. OMG. Where is my little girl?

Then...

Now...

Next up, it was time to leave for the elementary school with L & C and our neighbors and their son who is a frequent subject on this blog too! L was totally ready to go (as if we'd expect anything else) although leaving her precious Lola behind wasn't her favorite part of the morning, that's for sure. I half expected to find her in L's backpack!
Look at these two boys, do they look the least bit nervous?

No way man, all smiles all the way!
Walking in...
Still goofy...
Uh oh, reality check. Things aren't going quite as peachy as C thought they would. All these kids are a little intimidating.
Not for L though, she's in her class and at her desk. This is old hat for her!

Back in the cafeteria, C was going downhill. My heart just breaks and I want to scoop him up and take him home but I know it's time for him to start his elementary school adventure. When I tell him this, he looks at me and says, "I can't go on an adventure, I don't have a map." Well, duh.
Getting better once I tell him that we will stay to walk him all the way to his classroom.
In we go!
And now it's time for mommy to leave. I felt like such a louse. I know he is right now, sitting there just fine, making new friends and being the life of the party like he always is, but it hurts to know this is the way I left him.

No comments: