Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Classic Cool

I have wanted to take these pictures of him for about three years now and never could seem to find the time. Well last night after the bluebonnets, I saw him sitting at the counter eating his burger with his fresh haircut and white tee and had to do it right then. He is such a natural in front of the camera when it's just him and me, no pesky sisters and no distractions like ducks, ladybugs and joggers with their dogs. I know in the not-so-distant future, I will cherish these pictures even more than I do now. I only wish you could hear that sweet little boy voice that I know will change into the deep husky tones of his father. These are the days that I wish I could push pause and stop the hands of time to take a breath. This is exactly why I am a photographer, to freeze these moments forever.

2 comments:

granny said...

C is sooooo handsom but he looks like he's 13. I don't like that, I want to keep my little C with that precious little boy smile framed by dimples. Your still my favorite grandson!
xoxo granny

granny said...

Boy a leathet jacket over his shoulder and a pack of cigs rolled up in that sleeve and he is a Greaser! Dad where's the keys, mom don't waite up.