Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not the best thing that could've happened today

Ok, so quite a few of you know that I am involved with the charity organization, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and I donate my time roughly twice a month. This morning, while on my way to the medical center in the usual stop and go Houston traffic, the car in front of me stopped abruptly and in response, so did I. The problem came in when the man behind me did not and subsequently crashed into my beloved Suburban with such force that he pushed me into the pick up truck in front of me. You can generally spot the person responsible for a fender bender by zeroing on the one protesting the loudest and with the most enthusiasm and this case was no different. Repeatedly the man behind me ranted about how he couldn't possibly be at fault because he was only travelling at roughly 62 mph and I just stopped out of the blue....yeah, which means YOU should've been stopped too and not with the help of the back of my car. AT one point he seriously tried to suggest that I had put my car in REVERSE...what?!?! Luckily, the two truck divers that arrived on the scene were wonderful and after moving the wreckage off the left lane of I45 and into a nearby parking lot, the no-nonsense cop did not take long at all to assess what happened and write a ticket for the less than pleased fellow who hit me. The gentleman in front of me ended up going to the hospital complaining of back and neck pain (insert dubious expression here) but I opted not to with only a little irritation where the seat belt had tightened. Wouldn't you know that as the day wore on, my head started to hurt more and more and suddenly I had no peripheral vision on my right side. Uh oh. My hubby, friends, family and even a couple clients insisted that I get checked out and after getting really nauseous and realizing that I couldn't string a sentence together, I went and had a CT scan. The scan concluded that my brain was normal which was a relief as well as an end to any concerns that T has long had that I am "not normal"...HA! Anywho, after a shot that only made me sleepy and another dose of Ibuprofen, I was on my way home to sleep for the next two days.

No comments: