Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rental...

Not my Suburban still, but it gets me from point A to point B and for a mere $10 a day over what the other guy's insurance wants to pay. I guess they'd prefer I drive 3 kids around in a 2-door spec..uh huh. On the subject of the other folks involved in the accident... In my original post about this accident, I mentioned that the man in front of me decided to go in an ambulance to the hospital and I was slightly suspicious of this given he was perfectly fine until the police officer arrived. Turns out I got a lovely call today from his personal injury attorney requesting my insurance information. Sorry buddy but the officer on the scene determined that the man behind me was at fault and you'll have to go after him for any damages which is why he gave us both that man's insurance information along with the case number. When I inform him that I will not voluntarily give him my info he tells me that he has no plans to "go after" my insurance company but needs to "inform" them so they can work it out with the at-fault driver's insurance. Ya know, I am a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. UGH! I can only work for spurts at a time before my back starts to feel like someone is poking me with needles yet have I contacted an ambulance chasing vulture...no, I haven't. THIS is why insurance costs so dang much. Be honest people!

No comments: