Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 541

Back to basics...
In the past few months the kitchen table has rarely if at all been used for a family meal. We (T & I) have been so busy that it's a quick dinner (if we even cook) at the breakfast bar or on the couch. I am heavier right now than I have been in about 10 years (discounting pregnancies). Out of shape and disappointed in where my priorities have been, I have made the decision to make a change. Back to the table we go. Home cooked meals and a return to learning table manners and conversing for 30 minutes as a family. Not to mention eating out and getting take-out all the time was getting ridiculously expensive, it simply isn't healthy. One day and I have already seen a difference.
Fresh fruit (and no, it's not decorative)...
A family prayer instead of muttered thanks...
Holy cow, can it be?? Siblings helping each other? Yep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family meals lovely..

I'm in college now, and I totally find ALL food outside so oily. I just loose my appetite.