Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 542

Ladies Night...
It is so rare for women to get along nowadays and isn't it fabulous that I have a terrific group of moms that I got to know while our kids were in transition class together this year? We all met a local restaurant for a little R & R mixed with margaritas. I personally do not drink anything with Tequila so I asked for a cosmo which was met with a blank stare by the waitress who, after regaining consciousness, said she would need to ask the bartender if he could make one of those. One of the most common martinis and she didn't know what it was? Uh oh, not a good sign. She comes back and explains to me that they do not offer a "full bar." That's when one of my girlfriends says, "Do you have vodka and cranberry juice?" She replies with a yes and I tell her throw that in a glass with a lime wedge and all will be good. I swear, those were the most expensive breakfast glasses of cranberry juice I have ever had because I swear any vodka that was in it had to have accidentally spilled into it from some other drink the bartender was making. It was probably for the best in any event, no need to have to call T to come and get his inebriated wife, right? After chatting long into the evening past closing time we all parted promising to make this a regular event since all of our kids will be a different schools in the coming year. I truly hope it is a promise we keep. Cheers, ladies!
See how small my glass was compared with everyone else's?

1 comment:

Heather W said...

Love It!!! Girl's Night Out is always my favorite night of the month. I love to let my hair down and have some good ole fashion girl talk. I mean the kind that starts out about the kids and then, after many drinks later, turns into your sex life. Enjoy every moment because when you get home you are no longer a "Girl" your "Mom" or "Wife".