Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 544b

So the FedEx guy brought me this weird box today...
I had ordered some photographic equipment earlier in the week that I was expecting today so I didn't even bother to inspect the box before opening it, only making a mental note that it was much bigger and heavier than I would have assumed it to be. I brought the box into the office and proceeded to tear into it, paying no attention to the markings on the box nor the literature inside. Also not registering with me was the fact that inside the box was a styrofoam cooler not a regular box. Then after prying open the lid and seeing the sleepy eyes of a lobster staring back at me, I screamed and slammed the lid down scared to death. I call up T and blast him for not warning me that he had ordered these, which he informs he he hadn't. Then it hits me, my parents were on a trip to New England to see my uncle and this smacks of a fun surprise from my dad. I immediately call him and without even saying hello first, I start with, "so the FedEx guy brought me this weird box today." His response? The belly laugh that is so famously my dad. I had my answer and a mouth-watering dinner too! THANKS, DAD!!!



No comments: