Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 551

Bittersweet blessings...
My boo is becoming a big girl, going this way and that with her little girlfriends. Soon will be the days like M when we see her as a blur, only home to eat and shower and maybe get a quick hug (and of course money...lol). L has truly yearned for her time to spend the night with friends and have them over to play girly games and giggle and those days have arrived in full this summer. The phone rings now more frequently for her than it does for me and she is ecstatic when she hears us call her to get the line upstairs. As her mom, I love to watch her grow and see how happy she is, but I also wish I could just slow it down a little. My heart breaks to think about how short the time we have left with M is and yet I would never hold her back from the joys of being a pre-teen with tons of friends and activities. It's a tightrope they never tell you that you'll be walking, when to hold them tight and when to let them go. I put it in God's hands and know that when she wants us to wrap our arms around her, she is never afraid to tell us and we are always there to provide.

No comments: