Monday, May 11, 2009

Membership has it's priveledges...LOTS of pics

So many of my local readers know that swim season officially kicked off this past Saturday at the highly unappealing time of 6:45am. Since I am totally swamped with proofing and orders right now, I haven't been able to get to these so I thought I'd give a little peek-a-boo to those I know follow this blog. I fully admit that I felt a little out of the groove shooting these, but have no fear, it's just like riding a bike...right?
OK so this first kid is a no brainer since her mother writes this blog...hehe
Incidentally, she was totally bummed about how "slowly" she was swimming and blamed me for forcing her to eat something when it was discovered she was wearing M's swimsuit by mistake. Yeah, perhaps the drag on a suit roughly 3 sizes too big may be to blame and not the half of a donut she ate. The amazing thing is that even with the late night and an off morning, she is still holding third spot in free & breast and the top spot in back. Imagine what she will accomplish when she's having an ON day!
This picture just doesn't feel right without M in it...oh well...
This is the younger brother of my senior in the next post...yes, good looks run in the family. Oh and his younger sister is on the far right in the picture above...
And this swimming phenom rounds out that attractive family...
A bunch of swimming cuties, especially that toothless one on the left ;)
My new bff...this little one comes and talks to me every practice to fill me in on what's been going on with her day. She used to be a neighbor before we moved so now we have to catch up on the gossip at swim...
The last time I saw this guy he was about 11 years old and at least a foot shorter...holy cow!
No doubt Mom's beating the girls off with a stick (oh and I happen to know that both him mom AND dad read my blog...hey keith & mandy)
This kid's dad is an official and his little sister is one of L's friends. Speaking of his dad, he gets honorable mention after telling me that I was the deciding factor in them returning to the team..I gotta say, that really humbled me.
Another member of a swim dynasty and I have no doubt that his mom will want to know why his siblings are missing from the blog...well, truth be told, I can't find a pic of his cutie pie sister (even though I know I took one) and his big bro was a no show...
Cheeky Monkey...so this guy tells me that he is planning to pose for me during all his events. Should he start gaining time and falling in the ranks, I think his mom may just lose her love for me.
Another tidbit about Mr. Personality, the very personality traits that make me adore him are the very same that cause me to never let him near my daughter...HA!
This swimmer's mom loves B&W as much as I do and she is one of L's biggest competitors this year which I think is awesome as they are challenged by each other...
Another one of my buddy's kids, Mr. T and...
Miss L. I will be so glad for the kids to go back to the school where she works so I can see her smiling face more often during the school year.. :)
This is one of my favorite client's son and you can see him and his cousin on my blog every November...
And now to one of my very favorite families...
I had to take a pic of dad working since he travels so much, we needed proof he actually existed...
Get after it, K... Hopefully I will be able to get some shots of her big brother (another friend of M's) when he gets his cast off and gets back in the water...So I have no idea if her mom watches my blog or not, I posted her because she is just so dern cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris, I'm so glad u guys r swimming! Not only do u have great swimmers but u also take great pics! As usual, I can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Thanks to u, we have great memories...& we all know how hard it is to capture those moments, especially w/our face paced lives. Thank you Kris for being part of our lives 4ever!

Love & Respect,
Your Photo Lover
Gloria T.

carriemoody said...

Kris-

As always I love the pics! Thanks for capturing all of our special moments! It was good seeing you at the pool on Saturday and I am looking forward to seeing all of your great work this summer!

Carrie Moody

Anna-Lisa said...

Amazing pictures, past ones have become family treasures. Yes, it's a perk to being on the shockwaves since we are lousy at taking pics.