Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 406

Loss...
I have been getting more and more calls for these sessions lately. It started as very rare and grew to at least once a month, now twice a month. The pain is so raw it burns all the way to your soul but you are there to do a job, provide a service and you can't let it get to you. Impossible? In a word, yes. I have been asked many times how I do it, I can't answer that question because I don't honestly know. Even after I have shot the images, have taken the solemn ride home to be greeted by my three beautiful, healthy children, and sit down to proof maybe three days later, I can still smell the room, feel the loss and uncertainty and question why this child and these parents. Only He knows and I have to put my trust in the God who created us and loved us enough to let His Son be that child first and knows first hand what it is to let a child go and see Him suffer for no wrong. These families never ever leave me. I weep for them constantly and pray for them daily. Their strength amazes me and I can only hope that the images I give to them helps them on their way to healing.



No comments: