Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 414

Eleven...
Today my first baby is eleven years old. Just yesterday she was no bigger than a football in her daddy's arms. What happened? She is growing up so fast, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. When she got home from school, we tricked her with no balloons or cards or presents, just a simple "Happy Birthday, how was your day?" Then, we told her that she needed to change for dinner out of the Abercrombie athletics she was wearing and that she also needed to put some laundry away I had left on her bed. The wonderful girl she is, she just said, "ok, no problem" with a smile on her face. About a minute and a half later we heard the screams. She had just seen what me and T had been doing all day, updating her room with all new linens and things. She flew down the stairs to give us big squeezes and then went back up to change. She hadn't gotten to the laundry yet. Then we heard them again; more screams after discovering the "laundry" was a mountain of new clothes and some more Webkinz to add to her growing collection. She decided on a new outfit for dinner at her favorite Italian restaraunt with all the grandparents and her bff (and family) in attendance. It's the same place she picked last year (she loves their calamari) and we had the same table so we were sure to all sit in the exact same spots! Happy Birthday to my little Irish girl. I love watching you turn into the person He created you to be.

Ahh, this one hurts but when she saw it, she said, "mom, I need my roots done." Shoot me, please.
A birthday phone call. One of many.
She had cake at the restaraunt and then we went for ice cream. It's a wonder she ever got to sleep tonight!

No comments: