Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 605

Good men are hard to find...
I would swear to you that I married the last one earth, but at my church we happen to have a terrific one to lead us. I always enjoy seeing pastors outside of the church walls and away from their pulpits to get a feel for who they really are. All too often they are not always what they appear to be so when I got a message from our communications guy at church to take some new shots of our pastor for various publications, I was more than happy to help. I am beyond pleased to report that this pastor was the exception to that unfortunate trend. He is someone who's company you can enjoy as a human being who is humorous and kind and honest, but more than that I got the strong sense that I was free to be myself around him and that I was not being judged which is a quality that I respect a great deal. So I just grabbed a quick one of my pastor Ken from Faithbridge UMC, a church I have come to love and look forward to attending.

No comments: