Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 610 & 611

Powerless...
On the plus side, it could have been so much worse then a few days without power and some loss of water pressure. We sustained virtually no damage which is not true for some of our immediate neighbors who lost fences, roofing, and trees which resulted in damaging the interiors and contents of some their homes. I am also grateful for the beautiful weather of late and I have no idea how we would have managed a typical mid-September forcasted day with no electricity. All in all, I think this city has handled the crisis well and I am proud to call myself a Houstonian (ok, Tomballian but close enough). Thank you so much to those of you who called, e-mailed and texted to check on me and tell me you were thinking of me. I love my friends and family very much and can't tell you how much you are loved in return.

No comments: