Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 609

Coming...
Ike is getting closer and there isn't a whole lot more we can do to prepare any more than we have. The kids are a little nervous which is to be expected with nothing else on every channel but minute-by-minute updates and hype. That's not to mean that I am not taking this seriously or than I am not the least bit nervous myself, but I think the media is certainly capable of over-kill. The footage of morons on the seawall posing and strutting for the cameras is ludicrous; these are the same people who will be screaming for help in a few hours and rescue workers who have their own families will have to risk their lives to save them, sickening. So if I am missing for a few days with no pics, don't worry I am sure we will be just fine though taking pictures may not be at the top of my list.I just stepped outside and took a quick one of the clouds rolling in. Isn't it ironic that yesterday was beautiful clear blue skies? This is what they mean by the calm before the storm. So our neighbors found some left over kites and what better way to let of some the panic and fear go than to harness some of this wind?

No comments: