Monday, September 22, 2008

Never Ending Birthday

L's birthday was a week ago now, but the gifts just keep coming. We knew the second thing on her list after the Yorkie was the brand new Ipod nano in purple but the Apple store didn't have any in before Ike hit and then they lost power and/or internet in the week that followed. Luckily for us, my parents had my two little ones for the weekend and I called Apple Sunday afternoon in the hopes that maybe we'd get lucky. Pay dirt! They had the 16 gig purple one..yay! So now that we had the coveted contraption, we needed to accessorize with a disco ball of course. Loaded up with all the goodies that L was so hoping for, we grabbed some lunch and were on our way out when we spotted the most perfect bottle of perfume. It was purple in a bottle shaped like a heart with a jeweled crown cap called Princess by Vera Wang. I knew immediately that I had to smell it, but when the sales girl sprayed the little card and handed it to me, I was disappointed and continued walking to the car. Then as I sniffed the sample one more time before tossing it, I stopped in my tracks and gave it to T to smell. It was so perfect for L that when I smelled it, all I could think about was her. So we walked back to the counter and bought a little bottle of it for her and when the girl asked how old our daughter was, her expression was priceless when we told her she was eight. I know its a bit pricey for a little girl's perfume, but this was made for her!




Don't be alarmed by the crazed look in her eye, it only means that she was just thrilled!!
The perfect end to her weekend with Granny & Chippy was that Olive Garden was finally open again and she was able to have her dinner and desert! No regular birthday cake, this one is filled with ewy gewy melted chocolate and is sitting in white chocolate with strawberries and is her favorite so we asked our server to just stick a candle in it.

2 comments:

Amber Bowers said...

Kris,
My bday is in January. Feel free to get me all the same stuff and make my face look like that!
Amber

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day L!