Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 435

Guilt...
Oh how I wish it had been an April Fool's joke on him, but it wasn't. Somehow we had missed his 5 year check-up and had to go today to get him all ready for Kindergarten registration. I had told him I didn't think there would be any shots today and I was wrong. And it wasn't one shot, it was two! Poor thing. One of the real pains to having under weight babies is they haven't been heavy enough to handle their inoculations at the correct age and we have been in catch-up mode for years. I felt so terrible that I told him we would spend the day together and do what ever he wanted to. We went to Target where I bought him guilt toys and Chick-fil-A where I bought him comfort food. After lunch we went up and surprised daddy at his office. Who knew there would be a trampoline there? I sure wish I hadn't left the camera at home! He had a great time and I think he may have even forgiven me for the shots although not for the trauma I put him through later this evening. More on that tomorrow.




No comments: