Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 465

Bummer...
A couple of my fellow photogs know how jazzed I was about trying out a new canvas company that catered to professional photographers and print shops so I sent in one of the pictures I had recently taken of M as a test. They were just as anxious as me to see how it turned out. All I can say is boy am I glad I sent in a sample print first. The quality is terrible. The stretching is loose, frame is far too thin, print itself is substandard and the finished product was damaged and marked up on arrival. I would never ever give this to a client. Needless to say, I am disappointed. As in everything else in life, you get what you pay for.
Tiny, non-existent weave.
Sloppy wrap job...
Look! Pre-damaged to save you the trouble!
No detail whatsoever, looks like a cheap print from a home printer...
Way too small "stretcher" bars...

2 comments:

Shellie said...

OMGosh Kris, that stinks!!!! I know how excited you were about it - so was I!!! What a total let down :( I'm soooo glad it wasn't for a client though *whew*

Anonymous said...

Awwww! That is just no fun at all! What a bummer.. sorry it turned out so poorly :0(